Foundation Waterproofing from the Outside
The principle reason that the basement is wet is because the originally installed, exterior waterproofing, if there was any, has failed. It needs to be removed and replaced using the most advanced modern materials and the newest engineering to insure that your foundation will not deteriorate and that your basement area will stay dry permanently.
Here’s what Benchmark does to install fully-functioning, lifetime waterproofing from the outside of your home.
- Excavate the perimeter of the house to the custom depth necessary, shoring the excavation as needed, to uncover and remove the inadequate weeping tile.
- Install new 4” weeping tile complete with filter cloth. Clean, assess and repair any required deficiencies in the foundation walls using expandable hydraulic cement and smooth if necessary using cement parging.
- Supply and install the specified rubber bituthane membrane according to manufacturer’s specifications. Supply and install Delta MS drainage board again with factory-trained expertise.
- Layer gravel over the new weeping tile to permit and encourage maximum drainage into the tile system.
- Treat any openings such as windows or doors with custom exterior waterproofing such as window wells tied into the new weeping tiles.
- Backfill the trench to the original grade with compacted, native soil.
These exterior foundation waterproofing techniques and products make your installation the best possible for your home’s value and comfort.